THE 2017 APPLICATION IS NOW AVAILABLE.
ELIGIBLITY CRITERIA IS LISTED BELOW.
The Fisher Cats Foundation is dedicated to bettering the lives of young people and is proud to support our youth through the Fisher Cats Foundation Scholar-Athlete Scholarships. Each year, the foundation awards $30,000 in scholarships to ten New Hampshire students and two Massachusetts students.
When to apply?
The application is now available. The deadline is April 30, 2017 at 5 p.m. ET.
Who should apply?
Candidates for the Fisher Cats Scholarship must be residents of New Hampshire or Massachusetts who are graduating from high school in 2017. Candidates must be planning to enroll in a four-year degree program or planning to attend a local community college or technical school in the fall.
The New Hampshire College & University Council will review applications based on the following criteria:
- Academic performance
- Athletic achievement
The New Hampshire Fisher Cats and the Fisher Cats Foundation are committed to supporting a diversity of students. Awards will reflect that commitment to geographic, gender, economic and field of study diversity, with consideration for population density. In addition to the Swymer Family Scholarship, an award offered annually to a student who has overcome a barrier and gone on to college, one of the awards will be named in honor of Chris Carpenter of the 2011 World Series Champion St. Louis Cardinals. Furthermore, one of the awards, the Easter Seals Veterans Count Scholarship, will be awarded to a graduating New Hampshire high school senior whose parent or guardian is an active, reserve or veteran member of the United States Military.
In 2017, ten (10) scholarships, each in the amount of $2,500, will be awarded to New Hampshire students. Two (2) scholarships, each in the amount of $2,500, will be awarded to Massachusetts students.
Students who are chosen to receive a Fisher Cats Foundation Student-Athlete Scholarship will be invited to a special event at the ballpark, at which their achievements will be publicly recognized.
Please contact the New Hampshire College & University Council at (603) 225-4199.
View past winners here.
To complete the application you will need the following:
- A registered user account.
- An essay (250-500 word) describing your education and career goals.
- An electronic copy of your Confirmation Page of your FAFSA report (to upload). ** If you did not submit a FAFSA, simply upload a word doc indicating you did not file the FAFSA.
- An academic statement of support. This must be submitted by the person writing this statement. Please forward them this link for their submission: http://www.nhscholars.org/fisher-cats-foundation-scholarship-statements-of-support/
- An athletic statement of support. This must be submitted by the person writing this statement. Please forward them this link for their submission: http://www.nhscholars.org/fisher-cats-foundation-scholarship-statements-of-support/
- An electronic copy of your most recent cumulative high school transcript (to upload). Unofficial is acceptable.